There are many ways to get involved at Wilkinson. One way is to join the Parent Council, but you don’t need to be a Council member in order to join a committee or volunteer for other activities – any and all contributions are valued! Not only will you be helping to make our school a better place for our children, but you’ll get to know some other parents as well.
Below are some of the ways in which parents and community members can contribute to Wilkinson Public School.
The goal of the Wilkinson School Community Council (WSCC) is to supplement the curriculum to make each child’s experience at Wilkinson a rewarding one. We work with teachers, school administration and Wilkinson families to build a sense of community and raise funds with events like movie nights, pizza lunches, the Sweetheart Bake Sale, the Wood Car Derby, and the ever-popular annual Fun Fair. To get an idea of the programs and activities that are funded by the WSCC, please refer to our campaign letter and consider contributing to our efforts with a tax-deductible direct donation. Thank you for the tireless support that makes Wilkinson such an amazing place to be. We couldn’t do it without you!
NEW THIS YEAR: There are two ways to donate!
1.Paper Form: Please Click The “Donation Form” button below and follow the instructions on the form.
2.Donate online using the School Cash Online tool. To ensure it’s attributed correctly to our campaign, please select Wilkinson Junior Public School as the Fund Destination and add Direct Donation to the message field. Donations of $25 or more are eligible for a charitable tax receipt.
Contribute to our Lice Check Fund
In September 2018 the Parent Council introduced a program of school-wide lice checks though Lice Squad because previous to that, regular lice checks were not being done at the school. This program relies on funding from the Parent Council as well as yearly contributions from Wilkinson families. Our goal is to schedule school-wide checks three times per year during the periods most commonly associated with lice outbreaks, depending on the amount raised through this fund. For more information about this program and to make a contribution, please use the button below.
Donate a product or service
Our annual Fun Fair takes place every May or June. The Fun Fair is our largest fundraiser and community event. We seek sponsorship and donations to cover some of the expenses related to putting on this event. If you know of a company that would be willing to donate money, products or services, please send us an email and let us know.
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Just click on the button or a link below and shop on Amazon as you normally would. Alternatively, you can use the Amazon search bar on the bottom right corner of our homepage. Simply type in a search item, press go and you’ll be taken to Amazon.ca to continue shopping as you normally would.
Support our online shopping fundraisers!
You can help the Wilkinson Council raise money for the school by doing some of your online shopping through our dedicated fundraising links. These programs don’t cost you anything extra; they work by earning the school a referral commission. (How is the money used?) When you shop through these sites, just make sure to go through our fundraising links first!
We know that remembering to use the links is easier said than done, so we’ve created cutouts to help you. Simply print out this page, cut along the dotted lines and keep these cards near the devices in your home and office. The next time you shop, you’ll see the cards and be reminded to visit our website first to get the fundraising link. Thanks for your support!
Shop With Mabel’s Labels!
Do you buy labels through Mabel’s Labels? Click the button below when placing your next order for clothing, safety, household, and personal gear labels!
- After clicking on the button below, choose “Select Your School/Organization” and select “Wilkinson Public School (Toronto)” from the menu.
- On the next page, make sure you see “Wilkinson Public School (Toronto)” in the top left corner and then press “Click Here To Buy”.
- Now shop as you normally would!
- New – Wilkinson Logo Pack! To order a combo pack using the Wilkinson logo, choose “Combo Label Packs” and then “Logo Label Pack”.
Shop With Oliver’s Labels!
Do you love Oliver’s Labels? Before placing your next order for clothing, safety, sports, and household labels, click the button below to be taken to our personal fundraising site, www.oliverslabels.com/wilkinsonps and then shop as your normally would!
Shop With FlipGive!
FlipGive offers the school cash back on purchases made through over 100 retailers such as Apple, Indigo, Joe Fresh, Nike, Well.ca, New Balance and Old Navy.
Method 1: Download the FlipGive App. Join our team using the team code RMSBSB
Method 2: Use the button below and press on the “Join +” icon to create a login and “Join The Team”.
- Note: To motivate team members, FlipGive publishes the amount raised by each purchase in the team activity feed. If you prefer not to have your shopping and browsing history published, sign up using your email address (not Facebook) and choose a username that does not include identifying information
- Once signed in, use “Shop Now” to visit specific retailers and make purchases. Gift cards can also be purchased further down on the shopping page.
- When choosing a retailer, please make sure to click “See full terms & conditions” for information about any exclusions.
- Please note that tax receipts cannot be issued for donations made through FlipGive using the Donate button. To make a donation and receive a tax receipt, please see the Make A Financial Donation section above.
Are You Looking For Wilkinson Merchandise?
We now have an online store offering items such as shirts, hats, mugs and water bottles! It’s a great way to show school spirit and help kids remember their time here after graduation.