Save the Dates!
Silent Auction: Online May 1-5
Fun Fair: Saturday, June 3, 11 am – 3 pm
The Wilkinson Fun fair is typically our biggest event of the year! Not only does it bring our community together for a day of fun, but paired with the Silent Auction, it’s our Council’s main source of fundraising.
Fun Fair and Silent Auction profits will be used to support our ukulele program, field trip subsidies, Scientists in School and other classroom programs, performing and visual arts, Grade 6 graduation and yearbooks, greening initiatives, books for the Forest of Reading program, anti-racism library books, and Council communications.
It literally takes a village to run these events, and we need your help.
We moved this event online last year and it was a huge success!
If you have a business or a connection to a local business or product, we would love your help in securing donated items to auction off. If you can spare an hour to drop in to some local businesses to ask for a contribution, that would be awesome!
What types of items are we looking for?
- Event tickets
- Activities and classes for children or adults
- Personal or home services (e.g., 2 hours of handyman services or home organization services)
- Unused restaurant and other gift cards
- New games, toys, craft supplies, sports equipment, gardening supplies, and housewares
- Do the students in your household want to help? They can offer snow shovelling or yard work services!
If you have an item to donate or would like to help visit local businesses, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many of the event’s former organizers are no longer at the school and the pandemic has effectively wiped out preexisting contracts and relationships with vendors. This year, we hope to bring back many of the most popular Fun Fair activities and perhaps add some new ones, if we have enough volunteers.
Planning has begun and our main areas of need are outlined below. Please consider helping where you can.
- Grocery Gift Cards: The cost of food has skyrocketed, and food is a big part of this event. Donations of grocery store or Costco gift cards would be sincerely appreciated.
- BBQs: Do you have a BBQ we can borrow for the event? Or could you donate a tank of propane (tank will not be returned)?
- Shoppers: To help pick up groceries the week before the event.
- Tent Crew: Tall people to organize and test our canopies and assemble/take them down on the day of the event.
- We are also in need of day-of event volunteers for all areas and volunteers to help with set-up before the event and clean-up after – please consider taking a shift. High school students are welcome and needed. Sign up to volunteer here
- Would your business or family like to sponsor an area of the event? How about putting your name on a bouncy castle or the dunk tank?
- Your name will appear on a sign beside the item and in social media and website shout-outs.
- Our school community will be forever grateful!
- Does your business or organization have supplies, food, or gift cards to donate to the event? Do you have equipment to lend us to cut down on our costs?
- We sincerely appreciate all contributions!
If you can help with any of these items, please contact email@example.com.
Closer to the event, we’ll also be looking for donations of baked goods and used books and games.
Together, we can make these events better than ever!