Sunday, October 23rd, 2022 (Rain Date: October 30)
11am to 1pm
Wilkinson School Yard – Kindergarten Play Area
*** We’re a Platinum EcoSchool. Help us help the environment by bringing along a reusable cup to hold your drinks, a reusable container to hold your food purchases, and a tote bag to carry your goodies. ***
Events are Back! Come and Celebrate the Season at Fall Fest!
- Swap clean and gently used Halloween costumes!*
- Stock up on super cheap books, puzzles and games!*
- Get a taste of fall with a bake sale, hot dogs/veggie dogs and warm drinks!*
- Buy a pumpkin (or two)!
- Enjoy our craft table and games in the yard!
- Learn about some of Wilkinson’s committees and meet Council members!
- Learning Garden activities: attend a guided tour, take part in a scavenger hunt, or participate in an interactive art installation!
- Purchase seeds grown from the Learning Garden and try some crab apple jelly made from apples grown on-site!
- Meet other Wilkinson families!
- Donate an item for our food drive and earn an entry into our prize raffle!
Great events need great volunteers! At Fall Fest, please check-in with Brenda upon arrival inside the Kindergarten playground.
If you love to bake or prefer to purchase, we’re looking for donated bake sale items!
- Please make sure that all items are NUT-FREE and note that we cannot sell purchased items that “may contain traces of nuts”.
- When you drop off your item, let us know if it’s Halal*, gluten-free, vegan or satisfies another dietary requirement.
- Drop-off on October 23rd (at the event) from 10:15 to 10:45 am in the Kindergarten playground.
- If you’d like your container returned to you, please remember to come and get it from the bake sale table before going home.
* Halal items should not contain vanilla extract (unless marked “alcohol-free”), gelatin (a common ingredient in marshmallows), rainbow sprinkles, or lard. Lecithin should be vegetarian, such as soya lecithin. Both butter and margarine are Halal. A list of Halal ingredients can be found here (items marked Halal on the list are safe to eat – the other items should be avoided).
We’re collecting donations for Eastview Community Neighbourhood Centre. Eastview will accept all non-perishable donations up to a year past their best-before dates. Please bring all donations to the food drive area at Fall Fest. Donations earn an entry into our prize raffle!
Some items they are always in need of:
- Canned proteins (canned fish, peanut butter, WOW butter as it’s halal, and kosher or vegetarian alternatives)
- Snacks for kids
- Household items
- Cooking oil
- Laundry Detergent
- Pads and tampons
Set up is from 9:30 to 10:30 in the Kindergarten (fenced-in) playground area along the north fence of the yard. Clean-up will begin after 1:00 pm.
GENTLY USED COSTUMES, WINTER GEAR, BOOKS, PUZZLES, AND GAMES
Give your gently used items a second life by donating them to our free costume swap and sale tables. You can still donate these items on Sunday! Please bring them to the designated area.
- All items must be clean, in good working order, and not missing any pages or pieces
- Winter Gear: coats, snow pants, hats, gloves/mitts, and scarves.
- Donated books, puzzles, and games (board/card/video) will raise money for student programs.
Thank you so much for your contributions!
We look forward to seeing you there!
If you have any questions, please email us.