Saturday, June 15th, 2019
11am to 3pm
The Fun Fair is more than just an event for the enjoyment of Wilkinson families — it’s our biggest fundraiser of the year. In addition to our usual day-of volunteer request, we’re looking for engaged community members to help take on leadership roles in a few key areas, both during the Fun Fair on Saturday, June 15th and in the days leading up to the event. Specifically:
- Freezie Sales Manager: Manage the inventory of and distribute from cold storage to the freezie sales team.
- Outdoor Games Manager & Assistant Manager: Meet at the school at 9:30 am to greet vendors and direct to the set-up area, and oversee the game vendor staff and volunteers throughout the event. Welcome emergency vehicles and provide them with water. All bookings are pre-arranged, and you will be provided with a walkie-talkie for the day.
- End of Day Strike Team: Ensure the school is put back together and is ready to go on Monday.
- Food Shoppers: Shop from a detailed list and deliver items to the school on Thursday, June 13th. Vehicle required.
- Buck a Book Table Manager: Arrive at 9:30 am to place the books out, oversee volunteers, supervise removal of books for donation at the end of the day.
- Gym Games Supervisor: Set up the gym on Friday, June 14th, supervise volunteers during the fun fair, and pack up the gym at the end of the event.
- Food Committee Lead: Working from a detailed spreadsheet and predetermined shopping list, allocate parts of the list to the committee and the volunteer shoppers.
If you are willing and able, please contact us with your area of volunteer interest. Whether you can commit to two hours or two weeks to volunteer, we can use your support to enrich the curriculum while celebrating Wilkinson’s diverse community and, above all else, having fun!