Saturday, October 26th, 2019
1pm to 3pm
Wilkinson School Yard – Kindergarten Play Area
Come Celebrate the Season and Socialize!
- Swap clean and gently used Halloween costumes!
- Get a taste of Fall with a bake sale, hot dogs/veggie dogs and warm apple cider!*
- Buy a pumpkin (or two)!
- Shop for home made items at the community vendor tables!
- Pick up some books and participate in a craft activity!
*We’re a Platinum EcoSchool. Help us to help the environment by bringing along a a reusable cup to hold your drinks, a reusable container to hold your food purchases, and a tote bag to carry your goodies.
Great events need great volunteers! If you have some time to give or know of a high school student who needs volunteer hours, please let us know.
We’re looking for help in the following areas:
- Set-up: 11:30-12:30
- Clean-Up: 3:00-4:00 pm
- Cooks to BBQ food
- Food and beverage distribution
- Costume swap and craft table organization and supervision
- Sales people for the bake sale and book tables
GENTLY USED COSTUMES
Give your clean and gently used Halloween costumes a second life by donating them to our costume swap tables.
Drop-off Dates and Times:
- On October 25 from 8:30 to 9 am in front of Room 3
- At Movie Night on Friday, October 25th from 6:30 to 8 pm
BAKE SALE ITEMS
If you love to bake (or prefer to buy), we’re looking for donated bake sale items!
- Please make sure that all items are NUT-FREE
- When you drop off your item, let us know if it’s Halal*, gluten free, vegan or satisfies another dietary requirement.
- Drop-off on October 26th from 12:30 to 1pm in the Kindergarten playground.
* Halal items should not contain vanilla extract, gelatin (a common ingredient in marshmallows), rainbow sprinkles or lard. Lecithin should be vegetarian, such as soya lecithin. Both butter and margarine are Halal. A list of Halal ingredients can be found here.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
If you’d like to help out or have any questions, please email us.